Facts About Tattooing you DIDN’T Know – But Now You Do!
- According to a survey, more women than men in the US have tattoos.
- Your skin is pierced 50 to 3000 times per minute by the tattoo machine when you get a tattoo.
- The philosopher Confucius was against tattoos because he propagated that the human body is a gift. However, China’s stone sculptures depict men with tattoos on their faces as early as the 3rd century BC.
- Plato was of the opinion that persons guilty of sacrilege must be tattooed forcibly.
- The second most tattooed person has tattoos on 99.9% of his skin, with leopard skin patterns. He is from Scotland. The most tattooed person is 100% tattooed. Lucky Diamond.
- Americans spend a staggering $1.65 billion on tattoos each year!
- The most popular tattoo images are angels and hearts.
- A tattoo is etched in the second layer of the skin, the dermis. The cells of the dermis are more stable than those of the epidermis.
- Women are more likely to get their tattoos removed as compared to men.
- Laser surgery is the most effective tattoo removal technique. Black is the easiest color to get rid off as it absorbs a greater number of laser waves. Green and yellow are the most difficult to remove.
- ‘Holiday’ is the name given to the area where the color of the tattoo has faded.
- Rocker Tommy Lee made a world record when he became the first man to be tattooed mid air in 2007. His name entered the Guinness Book of Records.
LaserAll already knew all this of course. Proudly serving Fort Collins, Lakewood, Colorado Springs.